The little particulars
A bio of sorts
- Although I go by Peter Greenwell on the internet (mostly), my legal name is Peter Booth, and although I've been inclined to deed poll it to Greenwell, I don't consider it important enough to pursue.
- In age, I'm somewhere between Daniel Craig and Viggo Mortensen. I'm Australian, though I'm probably bits and pieces of everything European.
- I'm married with two adult daughters.
- I hold a Bachelor of Arts (Honours), and a Bachelor of Environmental Science. I'm debating whether to go down the PhD route, in Arts.
- My Arts major was in Gothic and New Romantic literature.
- My EnvSc major was in environmental resource management.
- What this means is that I could give you advice on the anti-Catholic origins of the Gothic while out doing fauna surveys in a rainforest.
- I live in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Australia.
- I don't "do" social media in the main. I have a Twitter account, but use it rarely. The buttons at the footer of this and every other page here illustrate what I do participate in.
- I do blog, though it is often painful, as I'm opposed at some primal level to journals and diaries.
- I'm a teetotaler, non-smoker and non drug-user. I do like my food and coffee though. Especially coffee.
- I listen to music that largely reflects my age bracket. 70s/80s post-punk, Gothic music in its various forms, paisley underground, metal, psych rock and prog rock. Dark, weird stuff. I'm one of these dinosaurs that despises most modern music.
- I read mostly science fiction and fantasy, though I'll devour anything that's well-written. Elmore Leonard is an excellent resource on how to do dialogue right.
- I maintain two other domains. Here and here (not much at that one).
- I use W3.CSS for website templating. I like it.
- Although I'm straight, I support and encourage LGBT+ lifestyles and rights.
- And although I hold a few conservative values, I'm probably best regarded as a bleeding heart liberal. As an Australian, "liberal" means a whole lot more than the narrow definitions that are prevalent in some parts of the world. As does "conservative" for that matter.
- While finding many of their policies and approaches needlessly confronting, I support the Australian Greens, and to a lesser extent, the Australian Science Party.
Thanks for taking the time to read anything you find here, and enjoy the ride.
©1996-2020 Peter Greenwell 🗣
Text and images